If you do not regularly test your gas heater or gas appliances, you have no way of knowing whether your appliances have a carbon monoxide leak. These leaks can easily lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which is potentially deadly.
The REIV recommends that property owners test their gas appliances for CO leaks every two years. We offer convenient testing solutions for all residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Contact Us for Reliable Carbon Monoxide Testing
At JH Fox Plumbing, we bring over 60 years of experience in serving the community. When you contact us for your carbon monoxide testing, you receive the following advantages:
- You receive a safety guarantee. When we complete the test and ensure that your heater is free of carbon monoxide leaks, we guarantee the accuracy of our report.
- Your gas heater is inspected by people with the knowledge and skill to properly detect gas leaks. We have a team of qualified plumbers with years of experience to complete your carbon monoxide testing.
- Your appliances are tested using the latest testing methods and equipment to ensure your heater is safe to use.
- Your satisfaction is our primary concern. Whether you need to test a single dwelling or multiple properties, we are prepared to offer reliable services at times that are convenient for you.
- We also offer flexible solutions for property managers. We understand the importance of ensuring that your properties are safe for tenants or guests. You can set up your appointment based on your schedule.
Contact us today to schedule the testing of your gas heater and ensure that it is free of any carbon monoxide leaks.
Avoid the Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Leaks
You are probably aware that carbon monoxide leaks are dangerous. However, many homeowners are unaware of just how dangerous a leak can be. Here are a few of the primary reasons why testing is recommended every two years:
- Carbon monoxide is odourless and difficult to detect, which is why it is such a threat.
- Without detection, you may experience severe symptoms, followed by loss of consciousness and seizures. If the room is not cleared or you are not taken to safety, the poisoning may be fatal.
- Carbon monoxide leaks occur due to faults with gas appliances, including furnaces and water heaters. Regular servicing helps reduce the risk of leaks, while testing helps determine if a leak is present.
At JH Fox Plumbing, our team can quickly detect leaks and accurately determine the source of the problem. We are a leading testing service provider with a dependable reputation.
Besides testing and servicing your gas appliances, we also recommend that every home and building have carbon monoxide detectors installed. In residential properties, you should install a carbon monoxide detector near every bedroom.
Understand the Signs of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Carbon monoxide is difficult to detect without proper equipment. That is why we suggest that you schedule CO testing for your gas appliances. However, you should also understand the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be found below:
- Nausea or upset stomach
- Difficulty breathing
Individually, these symptoms may be the result of a wide variety of issues. However, if you only experience these symptoms at home or if others experience the same symptoms, there is a greater probability of carbon monoxide poisoning in your home or office.
If you notice a combination of these symptoms and suspect that carbon monoxide is the cause, you should immediately open windows, turn off the gas appliances, and vacate the property. You should also visit the hospital to get tested for carbon monoxide poisoning.
After ensuring that you and your family are safe, the next step is to contact us to inspect your appliances. Our experts at JH Fox Plumbing are fully qualified to detect leaks and handle any necessary repairs.
Schedule Testing Every Two Years to Protect Your Property
If you want to ensure that your gas heater is safe to use during the winter, you should schedule CO testing at least every two years. With appliances that are over a decade old, you may want to consider testing every year.
The testing process does not take long and provides you with comfort in knowing that your appliance is safe. This is a simple step to take to avoid a potentially major issue.
Call us at JH Fox Plumbing to schedule a gas heater inspection and carbon monoxide testing!
What Our Clients Say
We’re dedicated to making your experience with us as easy and straight forward as possible with professional service and master plumbing expertise. Here is what some of our customers have to say…
“Your plumbers are very professional and courteous.”
“I called J.H. Fox Plumbers to repair a water heater leak in my basement. JH Fox Plumbing returned my phone call promptly, and arrived when he said he would. He offered a free estimate for the job, and explained my options. He fixed the problem then and there, and was precise, professional, thorough and neat. The price he quoted me was fair, and there were no hidden costs or fees. Based on my experience, I would highly recommend J.H. Fox, and will call them again in the future.”
“Not knowing any tradesmen in the area, I found J.H. Fox Plumbers on a local website. JH Fox Plumbing was very professional and great to deal with”.
“Appreciated your prompt response and also Brent’s manner and efficiency”
“Thanks for doing a GREAT job. Very impressed with the boys”
“Hi JH Fox Plumbing,
I just wanted to say thanks so much for all your efforts in helping to fix our kitchen sink & tap! Brent did a great job – was on time & very nice & helpful. Thanks again so much and I’ll definitely call again should the opportunity arise. Best wishes”
Quality Workmanship and Professional Service
- Fully Certified
- Quality Workmanship
- Professional & Courteous
- Fast Response